a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Slowly getting better

RunningRiding

None yet, going to a friends house for an early dinner (they have kids) so the ride will happen when I get home.

Injury Update
The taping came off my foot last night and I was very nervous taking those first steps this morning. I did my prescribed stretches before getting out of bed, put the sneakers on and tentatively started walking. Happy to report that although there was pain there was far less than there was last week. The taping had stopped me walking funny so the whole foot pain was gone and I could really localise it to one spot. Also the walk to the office from the station was far more comfortable as well.

So back to the Pod this morning for more Chinese foot binding style taping (see pic). The Pod kept telling me that the best thing I did was stop running and come and see her early. She said that she spends too much time trying to fix athletes after they have persisted with an injury rather than getting on it straight away, in fact I got the feeling I was the exception to the rule. As she was taping my foot this morning she laughed at my feet and said "Yep, defintely runners feet"

The taping is to stay on for at least 4 days, but 7 if I can stand it and it stays tight enough. Then I have to just continue with the stretching and I have the all clear to try running gently once I can walk without pain for a couple of days. I don't need to go back unless I am still experiencing the pain after another 3 weeks or so.

My bound foot



*EDIT* never did go for the ride tonight, decided to let it all go for a change and have a few wines with my mate instead, naughty me, I guess that makes today a rest day :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

Yep, as you will know Em I am all for getting onto niggles early and seeing a professional if something doesn't fix itself after a few days rest. Had to learn this the hard way of course... tempting to try to "run thru" things, but it doesn't pay.

I expected to see Daniel starting to fade by now from "over-perve" but glad to see he's looking as fresh as eva - phew!

19:04

 

Post a Comment

<< Home