a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, December 01, 2006

Every day just a little bit better :-)

Running Riding
60 minute intervals, 27.7km. Passed relatively quickly this afternoon as I had the last hour of the 2nd test for company. Some pretty solid batting from the Poms, this one is shaping up to be a closer run thing.

Injury Report and a delightful if not slightly disturbing hybrid
I am pleased to report that every day the foot gets noticeably better. Particularly this morning those first few steps after getting out of bed were much more comfortable, also after sitting for a while I can get up and walk around with no noticeable increase in pain. In fact I am loathe to use the word pain now, it has stepped down a notch to mere discomfort, YAY! All good signs. The next challenge will be to beat that psychological demon being the fear of re-injury when I start back. I have been sensible thus far so as long as I continue with caution I'll be right. Yes, as I am sure you all know by now I am a very cautious person (apart from when using pocket knives to open parcels), I think it comes from being the oldest child. However I am here to assure you I am more than capable of reckless stupidity and wild abandon, but I am not telling tales ;-)

What? I hear you ask is this delightful hybrid to which she refers? Well, the resourceful John has neatly solved my Craig Mottram Vs Daniel Craig (here after to be knows as The Craigs) battle for the honorary position of wallpaper on my laptop at work. I very proudly present to you all The Craigs



A perfect combination of baby faced sweetness and pure brawn, solving another dilemma of mine, finding myself irredeemably attracted to Buster, inspite of my previous rejection of guys with skinner legs than mine, which for years, until I lost weight pretty much ruled out anyone bar Front Rowers and WWE Wrestlers.

Best I move onto other topics now, lest I be a branded boy mad nutter with a one track mind (well, I'm not dead, a girl can still look). I picked up another couple of books today, Black, White and Gold, Kelly Holmes' autobiography, she is an English Athlete who won 800 and 1500 mtre Gold at the Athens Olympics. I saw her interviewed on Parkinson recently and she seemed like a total sweetheart, and I do remember watching her win her medals. The other book caught my eye because it had Lance Armstrong on the cover, it's called How Lance Does It, a bit of a motivational book, and what I read as I flicked though it I liked alot. I admire Lance because although we are clearly at very different athletic levels I certainly recognise some of his personaility traits in myself. I think I was looking for stuff to help me get my head right as I rehab myself from this injury. I have been thinking on things alot the last week, most notably how I am dealing with injury far better than I thought I would. In particular it has given me some time to get my thoughts and goals in order, I am very positve and motivated at the moment, just watch out when I get back!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

OMG, PMSL at that picture - nice one Em :-)

Also have to say that the new blog pic is great - was that from SiS???

09:46

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em, I haven't been keeping up on any blogs recently and I am sorry to hear you are injured- but I am not surprised that you are not letting it slow you down. Hope you get back running soon (or become some sort of triathalon machine along the way).

11:20

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Craigs. Oh dear. I'm not sure if that is scarey, freaky or just plain weird. But if it helps with the motivation then who am I to criticise??

18:09

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been in blogland lately and am now catching up :-)
Totally pmsl at that piccy, hysterical!!!

13:08

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you like the picture. I initially put James Bond's head on buster's body, but it looked even wierder, if that's possible.

12:24

 

Post a Comment

<< Home