a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, March 19, 2006

20.45 Km today - 61.4 Km for the week

Phew, that is my first 60+ week, big pat on the back. No niggles, soles of my feet a little sore but apart from that feeling good. I won't push the long run past 20 Km until I have completed the R4K in 4 weeks time. Today's run was at a slightly higher pace than last week, 5:24, last week was 5:54, I should probably have run more conservatively, but I was feeling comfortable. The 10Km is next Sunday so this is my plan: Monday - Rest (Comm Game Athletics in the PM, must remember to pack a nice dinner so I don't have to resort to takeaway) Tuesday - 8 Km (The Tan), 5:30 pace or thereabouts Wednesday - 8 Km (The Tan) with some Fartlek Thursday - Rest (twice in one week, a treat!) Friday - 11 Km (The Tan 2 laps) - 5:30 to 6:00 pace Saturday - Rest (3 times in one week, bliss!) Sunday - Race Total for week - 47 Km Then 2 weeks later R4K 14.7 Km As I type here on the lap top the Marathons are on the TV in front of me, I can not believe the pace these runners keep up for 42 Km, I reckon if I was out there with them I would be lapped for sure, such incredible athletes.

Ok, this blog's namesake is trying to sit in my lap, and hence on the lap top! time to sign off, can't say no to a cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home