a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Day Before Race Day

OK, I opted out of a run today. I did run 10Km the day before the Mother's Day Classic, but I did have a hard run yesterday. I am a bundle of nerves and energy but I am channeling it into house work instead. As I will be in Sydney next week I have stacks to get done and want it all out of the way so after the race tomorrow I can just relax. I am looking forward to the race but as usual I am very nervous, I was doing OK, but it started to hit me this morning and won't go away. I am aiming for a time between 48:00 and 49:59, anything under 50:00 essentially. I know I can get up to a 4:40 pace in training, but that is for 1 Km interval work, I don't feel at this stage that I have enough training behind me to sustain that over 10Km. I recently ran just over 7Km on the track (7.2 Km to be exact) at 4:38 pace, but was shattered at the end. Tomorrow I will be aiming to reach and hold a 4:50 pace, which obviously will bring me in under 50:00. I guess my biggest concern is the pack at the start being that all distances tomorrow are starting at the same time. Personally I would have thought a staggered start would be more appropriate but I can't change that. Being that I will be cutting it close to the wind to get my time a congested start can pretty much wipe that off, I will take my watch time as the result though. RIGHT, time to stop over analysing, more house work awaits, and a pumpkin and ricotta lasagne needs to be cooked for dinner. Wish the bloody nerves would settle though, always give me jelly legs for the first 500 metres of the race.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Treat the start as, "Take no prisoners - look out for number one" All you've got to do is jostle more so than the others, a few clips here and a few elbows there........just kidding.....

21:40

 

Post a Comment

<< Home