a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, May 26, 2006

Little Miss Naughty

Training Plan - 11Km at 6:00 Actual - 13.2 Km at 5:06 Weekly - 42.9 Km Days to GC Half - 37 As per yesterday's post, I was not feeling too flash. Well I got up this morning at 5:30, ate my weet-bix, started to get into my running gear and I just could not move :-( I was not feeling crap enough to not work, but just drained and flat. So back to bed with me and then calling in sick at 8 feeling terribly guilty because the sleep in was all I needed and I felt fine. Oh well, I have 11 weeks sick leave accrued and it is not like I make a habit of chucking a sickie, my problem is I am such a goody two shoes that I feel guilty at the drop of a hat. Then again I am going to Sydney for work all next week and I always end up working 10/11 hour days when I am up there. I finally got a decent run in today, thank god. I had to head up the vet to get Asterix's special food, then I headed down to the Dandy Creek trail with the intention of doing an easy 10 or 11 Km. This turned into a fastish 13.2 km instead (1:07:44), I started out easy with 5:30 pace, then after about 4Km added some Fartlek picking it up for some 4:30/4:40 bursts, just to reminding my legs what fast feels like, so all up the avg pace came out at 5:06. I was wearing long tights and a long sleeve shirt because despite the sun it was quite chilly, but because of the fast stuff I was getting very warm. Underneath I had my crop top on, which is designed to be worn as an outer garment anyway, did I have the guts, I don't know. Bugger it, I was hot so I tied the long sleeve top around my waist and bared my white tummy to the world (well, the rosella's, magpies and cows anyway). Despite feeling totally self conscious it was actually an extremely comfortable way to run, I have decided through trial and error that the more unhindered I am the more relaxed I feel, which is why I just can't wear a fuel belt. Anyway, you won't see me running around the tan or in races in such a state of undress, I'll save it for near deserted trails thankyou. I bit happier about Sunday now after today's run, especially after reviewing the split times from my 7Km track session last week. Oh, and I had a dream last night that I ran a 3hr Marathon, as if, mental maths has that at about 4:25 pace, I think, god even in my dreams I like to think big!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The times you can do in training are
quite amazing Em! I hope you have a
great run on Sunday - seeya there!


SB:)

20:19

 
Blogger Shane said...

Hi Em,

Great to hear that you are feeling better (and running great training times).

Let's hope you give 45:00 a nudge on Sunday - good luck!

Shane.

21:47

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

There will be more than a few of us eating your dust on Sunday Em!

You're going to have a fantastic race - looking forward to the pancakes!

Oh, and the run too of course - lol

22:19

 

Post a Comment

<< Home