a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, June 04, 2006

72 Km week

Training Plan - 23 Km at 6:00 Actual - 19.5 Km at 5:40 Days to GC Half - 29 Headed out for a solo run on a paved track today, as a bit of a GC half prep, also I wanted to see if my zoom elite's would go the distance. Ended up running into some buddies who were originally not going to run today, which was fine, got caught up gasbagging and didn't go as far as intended, but I am not too worried about that. This week has ended up being 20Km longer than last week anyway. Trialled my gel at the halfway point, I was able to get it open this time, it really gave me a boost. Also happy to say the zooms were perfectly comfortable over the distance and on the pavement. Oh and I didn't wear my skins today, I don't want to become dependent on them for a long run, though I did put them on when I got home. Went out for a bushwalk this afternoon, so I will probably sleep like a log this afternoon. I want to pop up my training for next week but I have to head out for a family dinner soon so I will post again when I get home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Geez you're a shocker for not doing what your training plan says aren't you? lol

I reckon you will totally smash your goal for the GC Half ;)

17:42

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Em, as I've said before, I think you are doing moe than enough training to get you thru a half marathon, so wouldn't worry about a 'less than planned' day. My longest training run before my first half was 17kms and on the day I never noticed the additional 4kms at all, the atmosphere and excitement will carry you thru! You had a great run today and obviously didn't struggle with the distance, so are well on track. Keep it up!

19:12

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Em, great to hear you have the shoes all prepped and ready. Hopefully you have you entire gear all assigned, have practised in it and now you can put it away until the day, all the way down to the socks.

And no, I wouldn't recommend my 16k pre night activities for GCHM.

19:33

 

Post a Comment

<< Home