a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, June 02, 2006

Another Rest Day :-(

Oh dear, 2 rest days in one week! Had to admit defeat today, 3 13Km+ runs this week to give a weekly total of 39.4 Km so far. But I am flying home from Sydney today so can't run this afternoon as I won't be home until after 20:00, and I wasn't going to run this morning with less than 13 hours rest between runs, I have done that before and there is just no quality to the workout. So, reluctantly I am resting today, probably for the best as technically I am recovering from a race this week, also I have done quite a bit of hills this week,being the Sydney is not the flattest town. Ughhh, terribly frustrating though. Opps, almost forgot to mention last nights run, took the same track as the last 2 nights. I think the fact that I have to run in the twilight/dark stopped me being more adventurous. Has been fun running somewhere different though and doing lots of hilly stuff (or "inclines" if I were Stu Mac), made sure I ran strong up each hill and kept going instead of stopping to recover. It looks like I will be up here a few more times this year as our tech upgrade project gathers momentum, so I will have more chances to seek out some other routes next time. Maybe even try to squeeze in lunch time runs instead, though a bit tricky when you want to get some good distance in which takes time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with rest days.

The hilly stuff should make you a stronger runner.

22:55

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

14:48

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

14:03

 

Post a Comment

<< Home