a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Back on home turf

training Plan - 13Km at 6:00 Actual - 13.1 Km at 5:15 Weekly Total - 52.6 Km Days to GC Half - 29 (a month to go) Back on home turf today and a great run on the Dandy Trail, lovely sunny morning. Due to the hills in Sydney I did not do any fast stuff this week (apart from running away from bats in the Bot. Gardens) so I did some fartlek work today. I added some faster paced Kms as well as some 400 metre (more or less) speed bursts of about 4:15 pace, well, that is speed for me, god knows how some people manage to hold this over 10Kms, hopefully I might be able to one day, well maybe 4:30. Started thinking about setting some more goals today, now that I have achieved my sub 50 minute 10Km. No more mucking around now, what is the point of a goal that is easy to reach? Well, I have put my goals in the sidebar, but I will reiterate here - 10Km - Sub 45 minutes Top 10 finish for gender (overall, not just age category) A category placing (this is more long term and will require a better time than my current goal), I am probably kidding myself and almost feel daft putting it up here, but WTF, why not think big? 5Km - Sub 22 minutes 21Km - reluctant to set a goal for a distance I have not yet raced, but aiming for sub 2 hours in a months time. I will set my proper goal after this race. There was some more stuff I was going to put here but I have alot whirling around in my head at the moment, I will try and get it a bit clearer in my head during my long run tomorrow. When I get it clear I can speak to a few people whose opinions I respect and start sorting out my post half goals and training. I spoke to mum today and reminded her that my half marathon is only a month away, the response "how far is that again?", "21.1 kms mum", oh dear, my poor mum is awfully concerned now and is worried that I will either A) collapse from exhaustion or B) have a heart attack, she asked me to promise if I thought my heart was going to give out that I would stop and rest??!! and said that she is going to ring Amy (my sister) during the race to make sure I am OK? I shouldn't laugh because she is deadly serious and is genuine in her concern for my wellbeing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

I don't think they are silly goals at all Em, I reckon you will smash that 45mins a lot sooner than you think ;)

You're a total inspiration - so keep up the good work!

17:04

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You are much nearer to sub 45 than you
think Em! There is now little doubt
that last Sunday's run was about 300m
longer than 10k

21:08

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Em, sub 45 will come your way if you continue on with the same dedication and enthusiasm that you have shown over the past 3 months in your journey towards the GCHM.

Stu

11:46

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

22:07

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

14:03

 

Post a Comment

<< Home