a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Almost a local now

Training Plan - 13 Km at 6:00 Actual - 13.3 Km at 5:28 Days to GC Half - 31 I bought my plane tickets to the GC yesterday and my entry for the half marathon went in 2 weeks ago, it is all happening now, just over a month to go!!! getting butterfly's in the tum just thinking about it :-) Managed to get away from the office at 1630 yesterday after an early start so I was able to get about half my run in before the sun went down. So I kept to the same route as yesterday and this time the run around the park was less scary as it wa twilight and there were more people about. I am glad I got to do it again a see a bit more of the view, the run was a bit stop/start in places as I would stop here and there just to take in the sights. The only nervous moment was on the path past Mrs Mac's chair (opposite Wollomoloo docks) when I had a run in with a low flying bat, Eeeeek, picture me running waving my hands in the air freaking out, very funny.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruune said...

Em, you are doing fantastic. Every time I read your progress you are running further or faster than you had planned - and you don't seem to be troubled by injuries. Just make sure that you don't push yourself too hard in the last month - it would be a shame to end up overtrained and exhausted by the time you get there.

10:35

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Eek! I'm excited for you!

I can can vicariously do the GC Half by reading about you doing it - all the highs and lows without having to gte off my butt and go there - lol ;)

11:17

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you can't wait until September in Melbourne, Magpie swooping season....I get caught every year.

23:33

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Low flying bats, spider attacks - OMG!! When my sister was living in Sydney last year (shes now back in Melb) I ran in the Blue Mountains and was convinced I was going to trip over a snake! Too much for this little Kiwi girl! I love OZ, but some of the "wild life" scares the hell out of me!

09:19

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

14:48

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

14:03

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

07:02

 

Post a Comment

<< Home