a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I can't explain it, I just love it :-)

Training Plan - 13km at 6:00 Actual - AM 6 km at 5:18 PM 4800 at 4:42 1200 metre warm up Weekly - 12Km Decided to go to Masters at the Croydon Aths track tonight, so I just did a 6km heart starter this morning and then a quick 12 laps on the track tonight. I like using the track for the faster stuff, it would be better if I could get down there to do my 1600 intervals rather than doing them on the tan, but it isn't possible so the tan it is. At first I found track running a bit tedious but I am starting to enjoy it now, weird, but I quickly find my rhythm and it becomes quite meditative. Also it's a great social night catching up with people and having a good chat. Now, why the title, well, as I hit the Yarra this morning, in the dark and the cold I was about 2Kms in when it hit me, I don't even have to think twice about going out for a run, and I am the original card carrying cold wuss, I even have a heater under my desk at work. I really thought this time of year would be a real mental battle, but so far it has been unquestioned, just get out there and run. Now I really do get a runners high, I kid you not, I just get filled with this feeling I can not explain, it's a rush, I just love it. I got my confirmation for the GCHM today, the course map went up next to my computer at work yesterday (a bit of a ritual for me). And my gorgeous wonderful little sister told me that there is no argument, she and Charlie (the black lab!) will be driving me to the race, even though she has to get up at 5am on her Sunday. I can't wait for the 26th when I fly up, I haven't seen her since Xmas and I miss her heaps.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stu Mac said...

It is hard to explain why the cold doesn't keep us away, but the real tests start when its cold, dark, wet & windy.

21:42

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you Em - I don't think twice
about it, just get out there and run,
I'd hate to miss it!!


SB:)

22:31

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Pah! Listen to SM the doom merchant with his talk of wet and windy! We don't care about that because we have all the new fangled whizzy rogaining nasty weather gear!

Aint nuffin gonna keep us down ;)

22:36

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a drug and legal at that.

23:21

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Feel the same way and its great!
If only everyone in this world could find an exercise activity that they feel this way about (sure they could if they only tried), the world would be so much happier and healtier!

10:24

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em
Between Olympic Park and Gosh's Paddock is a 2 lane 500m aths track open to the public. (Its around the oval that Collingwood train on) It would be great for the intervals you want do.

18:52

 

Post a Comment

<< Home