a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

800 metres is a long way.......

Running

.....when you have already run 500, 800, 1000, 1000 and it's up hill :-)

No quick run this morning, the car had to be taken to Docklands to get the last of it's extra's added.

So to tonight's session:
500 mtre, 800 mtre, 1000 mtre, 1000 mtre, 800 mtre, 500 mtre with 2 minute recovery

As usual challenging as hell but thoroughly enjoyable, I look forward to Tuesdays. I would post my splits but I mucked up my stop watch and kept pressing pause instead of lap. The one lap I managed to successfully clock was the second 1000 mtre which was 4:20. So with warm up and cool down let's call today 8.5 Km. Just a bit short of the planned 10Km but will still be an 80+ Km week. Great encouragement from TC on the final 500 mtre, really pushed me through for a fast one and as always some good advice on form which I will put into practice again on Thursday when I have a tempo session planned.

Life
A bit tired really and just want to make my dinner, I'll save the ramblings for another day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good session - nice work!


SB:)

06:36

 
Blogger Jaykay said...

Okay, what's this holiday stuff you talk of?? And why wasn't I informed before winter started so that I didn't have to go through three whole months with awful lilly whites???

Good work on those repeats!!

13:02

 
Blogger Crissyjt said...

Em, do you get to have pizza and coffee like other running clubs offer?
Good work on the speed stuff.

20:20

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

You just have to love the ladder session, starting at the bottom, working your way up and then back down, with 2 min recovery makes it all worth it. In time you'll do the same session with 90 sec or even shorter!

08:57

 

Post a Comment

<< Home