a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Best Week Yet

Running

I have just finished off my biggest week yet, 84 Kms! I met Michelle today at Jells Park, she had already done about 12 Km having run up from home via Koomba Park. Today's run was 25.6 Km at an average pace of 5:34, that included a very quick 5:19 to finish (hey, I could taste the gatorade by then) total time 2:22:39. Michelle finished up with 38Km in about 3 and a half hours, so a sub 4 hour marathon is well and truly on the cards come October!!

The Week That Was

Mon - 10.3 Km @ 5:22
Tue - session 500, 750, 250 by 3 with warm up/cool down 11 Km
Wed - 15 Km @ 5:15
Thur - 10.3 @ 5:03
Fri - 12.3 Km @ 5:09
Sat - Rest Day
Sun - 25.6 Km long run @ 5:34 finished in 2:22:39

I was really pleased with myself this week, not only did I string together 9 days straight and still felt fantastic (I know I know, not the smartest thing, I promise I won't do it again) but I have had the biggest week yet and also the longest long run yet. I am certainly starting to feel very confident in myself at the moment :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

84 km in a week, that's marathon training. I reckon you'll cream the half marathon in October.

20:06

 
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Well done on the high kilometres. As Steve pointed out that is the milage I am aiming for on a marathon training plan.

09:53

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Well done Em, thats huge! You have every right to feel confident and proud. It certainly almost equals my biggest week ever and that was when training for a full. Sounds like you're screaming out for one to me - perhaps it would not have been a bad idea after all, as you seem to be handling it nicely...

Go girl. MAR.

11:03

 
Blogger Chris said...

Going very nicely Em.

You could do a half on your ear right now. The extra work you are getting just ensures a quicker time.

Will have to meet you on a trail somewhere soon.

13:43

 

Post a Comment

<< Home