a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Now that's what I call dedication folks....

Running

10.3Km today, I wanted a fastish pace was thinking of a threshold session but frankly the rain put me off. So instead I opted for some Fartlek, up the Yarra to Morell Bridge once around The Tan and back the way I came. I put on some fast bursts along the way and finished up with 10.3Km in 52:05 which was an average pace of 5:03. Polar crapped out on me so no splits (think it is time to make the move to the Garmin 305, getting sick of this Polar, damn thing is moodier than me) . Ran into Steve AGAIN, people will start to talk, I wonder who is doing the stalking :-) Seriously it was a bit bleak out there so it was particularly nice to see a friendly face

Life

OK, 'fess up, who else got out there for a run today?? It was not an option to not run today, granted it was a wee bit wet (well alot bit wet at some points) but it was not too bad. There were only a handful of hardy souls braving the conditions this afternoon but really I have only had about 4 wet runs this year so I am certainly not complaining.

No quiz today, due to the rain there was no iPod with me. Gold Star to Stu yesterday for getting in very quickly with the answer, Pop Will Eat Itself - Dance of the Mad Bastards.

Now if only I could get someone to cook my dinner for me, any takers?? No, Ok, off to the kitchen I go then.......

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Must admit I even wussed out of gym today because of weather, but I did clean the house like there was no tomorrow. As much as I hate housework, I felt pretty dang happy with myself once it was done.

20:18

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok when i woke up it was dark and it
was absolutely hammering down so i
opted for another hill session on the
treadmill (see my blog for details!)

SB:)

22:05

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice catching up with you again. I'm just wondering, when do I apply for an intervention order.

22:37

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

I think I over did it with my leg the other day as I've pulled up sore again - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;-)

Otherwise I'd have been out braving the elements for sure.....

06:24

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

I must have been lucky and my lap of the Tan, then short rest and 1k rep were all over in 25 min and there was NO rain, I even wore my sunnies....

Alright there wasn't much sun, I was just kind of hoping... :-)

09:07

 
Blogger Chris said...

I actually got out there, I love rain running as you have most of the area to yourself.

And you always get that certain smile from the other lunatics out there!

10:46

 
Blogger Jaykay said...

Michelle and I discussed it via SMS messages at 5.30am and decided against it so I went back to bed!!

11:21

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Just me again, wow 2 messages in one day..

Re your comment onm y blog about being tired after just one speed session per week. When I first introduced speed sessions my coach didn't want me to introduce the second session for at least 3-4 months and even when I did he had me doing 2 one week and the next 1 and then the third week 2 sessions. I did that for another 2 months or so.

Once summer comes there are 3 speed sessions per week, 2 training and one competition and when not competing replace with a speed session!

12:48

 

Post a Comment

<< Home