a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to school

Running
Speedwork tonight and a good fun session. Quite alot of the group were resting after half marathons on Sunday so those of us who were there just had a bit of fun. I won't describe it all but it reminded me of the games we used to play in PE at school. After all the serious training I have been doing of late it was great to just run around and have a laugh, in fact it was just what the doctor ordered. And I have a massage tomorrow so I will be right as rain. With warm up and cool down clocked up about 10Km today.

Life
I am terribly bad at admitting to being anything other than 100% on top of things, so here goes.......the last couple of weeks have been a battle for me, higher mileage, more stress on the body and no racing to break it up. I have certainly not been questioning why I do this, that is never in doubt, I have just been a bit strung out and tired. Last night as I was trying to get to sleep I had to tell myself "don't think about running!" then I dropped right off. I have my head around it now though and am just approaching it as yet another challenge. I should have used my resources and talked it through rather than keeping it to myself. Talked with other runners that is, non-runners would have just told me to stop running, how little they know. So thanks guys and gals, I know you would have all been good shoulders to lean on and full of great advice, but I run on, I am back in the game again :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Non runners will never understand.

22:21

 

Post a Comment

<< Home