a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Phew - Back on Track

Running
The quad is fine! Friday night was spent with the leg up with ice pack strapped on for 20 minutes at a time. Saturday was a rest day anyway so I just took it easy. By this morning I felt right as rain and headed our for my long run with no worries at about 730 am. For the first time I was without company for the long run, Father's Day and some events put paid to that. So I was armed with my iPod and my own thoughts. It was not too bad, a bit of a struggle over the last 5Kms, usually the chat and the company helps ease the final grind. Pretty happy with my effort though, 22Kms in 1:58:56 with an average pace of 5:24. Thanks to Friday's unscheduled rest I finished the week on 67 km *EDIT - Thanks Steve, how could I forget, have racked up 2000km for the year. First 1000 took 138 days, second 1000 took 103 days!.

Life
Quite a bit of family stuff on this weekend. Visited the BFs Aunt and Uncle who had recently moved to Research which a beautiful area north east of Melbourne. They hadn't seen me since February and the old "You are so thin" drama's cropped up again, now I have only lost 3Kgs since March but I just had to grin and bear it. Then I had to repeatedly refuse extra helpings of dessert at dinner, "come on, you can afford it", well the reason I look like I can eat what I want is because, in fact, I don't eat what I want. I just resorted to saying "The less I have to carry the quicker I can run". I also pointed out that by distance running standards I am not really that thin, Anna Thompson who is a bit taller than me is 5 Kgs lighter. All fell on deaf ears of course but I just let it wash over me now, they don't understand.

I bought some books on Amazon today, one called "Satan - A Biography" which I have been waiting to come out. It takes the concept of Satan back to the original rather than the "Bogey man in the closet" (my words) character than was dreamt up by the early Christians, I'd just to point out that I am not religious but am extremely interested from a Philosophical view point. I also picked up a couple of running books, "running Within - A guide to mastering the mind, body, spirit connection for ultimate training and racing" and "Fast Track: Training and Nutrition Secrets from America's Top Female Runner" (Suzy Favor-Hamilton). Now I just have to wait a couple of weeks to take delivery, there were over 800 books on running at Amazon!!!

Well, that's it for tonight, there is a show about King Arthur on channel 2 that I have been looking forward to, a bit of a pet topic for me. Please don't even talk to me about the atrocious movie with keira knightly that came out a couple of years ago, what a F$%# travesty, aghhhhh. I couldn't believe 2 gorgeous Celtic men Clive Owen and Ioan Gruffudd where involved with such tripe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't mention anything about breaking 2000 km for the year.

20:28

 

Post a Comment

<< Home