a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Monday, September 04, 2006

Running
Easy recovery run today. 11Km in 58:53 an average pace 5:21. My calves are really tight at the moment so I stopped to stretch halfway through the run. I have a massage booked for Wednesday evening which always sorts them out. No niggles from the quad thank goodness. It is a long slog to this next half marathon with no other racing to break up the schedule, I just try to keep my mind focussed on the main goal. The consistent higher mileage has been tough but I am starting to break through the barrier and I know that it will pay dividends. It still feels a bit surreal that little old me can manage to do what I am doing, I used to be the biggest excuse maker, I had not motivation, now look at me. I honestly couldn't find the words to describe what keeps me running and training, it has become automatic, like breathing. I never have a "will I or won't I" moment, 4pm rolls around and it's Running Time, no questions asked.

Life
A bit of a shock today, Steve Irwin died after a run in with a Sting Ray. My brothers fiance sent me an e-mail this afternoon with the title "Steve Irwin in Dead", after about 20 seconds looking for the punch line I realised it was serious.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rice said...

Really bad luck with Steve, he was one of a kind..

Cheers.

Rice

08:14

 
Blogger MorseyRuns said...

I aspire to your level of motivation, I can still dither and quibble about my daily run even though I do end up going anyway. What is the next half marathon you are training for? Melbourne?

10:11

 
Blogger RunDave said...

Yeah, I was pretty bummed about Steve too. Great bloke and a remarkable conservationist. My kids got me a Croc Hunter card for Father's day which was a bit freaky.

13:09

 
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Yours is the first blog that I have read regarding the Croc Hunter. Very sad stuff, I feel for his young family.

13:11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home