a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, September 23, 2006

ME!

No running to talk about today, Saturday's a rest day. Instead I am pinching an idea from another blog I read today, so here are 100 things about me -
1 - I have blue eyes
2 - I refuse to celebrate my birthday
3 - I tried to bleach my freckles off my face when I was 12, but now I love them
4 - I don't dye my hair
5 - I hate housework and gardening
6 - My favorite colour is green
7 - I have always wanted to learn French, but can't seem to find the time
8 - I love trashy chick flicks
9 - I keep buying clothes that are too big for me
10 - I may well be addicted to Whizz Fizz
11 - I can't sing, but I still do, in the privacy of my car
12 - I love potatoes, in all forms
13 - I love Dove chocolate with hazelnuts
14 - I love Darrell Lee Rocky Road
15 - I own jewelry, but I never wear it, unless my running watch counts
16 - I hate capsicum
17 - I won't ever have children, my choice
18 - People who tell me that it is sad I never want to have children piss me off
19 - I never finish hobbies that I start, so I have stopped starting them
20 - I think Nick Cave is a brilliant story teller
21 - I have tried every stoopid diet ever invented, they all sucked
22 - I am not religious
23 - I have never voted Liberal
24 - I have never voted Labor either
25 - I haven't seen my father for 11 years, it is as much my fault as it is his
26 - My sneakers are US size 9.5
27 - I have 3 cats, all rescues, they are called Tin Tin, Scully and Asterix
28 - I have 2 tattoos
29 - I played baseball for 3 years
30 - I stopped because I got hit in the mouth by a baseball and was too freaked out to play anymore
31 - My spare rooms are still full of junk from when I moved here, almost 4 years ago
32 - This is how old I am
33 - I am a Capricorn
34 - Banana's are my favorite fruit, so it's been a rough couple of months
35 - It's really hard to think of 100 facts about yourself
36 - My brother and sister live interstate, I miss them
37 - I get really bad PMT
38 - I really want to run 10Kms in 42 minutes one day, but worry I stated running too late to get that good
39 - I never had a boyfriend until I was 18, I was an awkward teenager
40 - I have not been to any of my high school reunions
41 - I am much happier at 32 than I was at 22
42 - I wish I knew at 22 what I know at 32, I am sure I will wish I knew now what I will know at 42
43 - I wear almost no make up, I just can't be bothered
44 - I love cricket
45 - I'd love a Nestle Crunch bar right now
46 - I am making mexican for dinner tonight
47 - I barrack for Carlton
48 - I decided when I was 13 that I would never get married, I haven't changed my mind
49 - Mmmm, Guinness, day no more
50 - Mmmmm, Jamisens
51 - I love the orange and poppy seed muffins they sell at a bakery on my way to work, but I rarely indulge
52 - I hate people telling me I can "eat what I want", I can't
53 - I am going to be an Aunty in February
54 - I have a red car
55 - I can't wear strapless dresses, I don't have the assets
56 - I don't mind about 55, it makes it easier to run :-)
57 - There will be some facts I won't put in here
58 - I love salmon and tuna sashimi with heaps of pickled ginger and wasabi
59 - I have very ticklish knees and I crack up when I get a massage when the MT touches my knees
60 - I am not allergic to anything
61 - I am claustrophobic
62 - I am TERRIFIED of spiders
63 - I have never had surgery
64 - I have had both my thumbs dislocated, baseball again
65 - I don't think I'll ever like my legs
66 - I was 16 when I first got drunk, I have not touched Southern Comfort since
67 - Fresias are my favorite flower
68 - People who drive at 60 in an 80 zone really piss me off
69 - I had my belly button pierced once
70 - I love the smell of frangipanis
71 - I wish my teeth were straight
72 - I am probably going to pay through the nose to get my teeth straight
73 - I bought my coach from Ikea
74 - I have had the same bed for 10 years, when I get bored with it I paint it another colour
75 - My coffee table came from Ikea as well
76 - Xmas is a stressful and horrible time of the year for me and I hate it
77 - I have an odd sense of humor
78 - I think this guy is absolutely gorgeous, even though he is 15 years older than me
79 - I am not too embarrassed to admit I love watching The Bill
80 - One day I want to visit Iceland
81 - I don't and never have collected anything
82 - I Love to run
83 - Baby animals make me go Awwwwwww
84 - I need to be less rigid and more spontaneous
85 - I am the oldest of 4 kids
86 - I never met a carbohydrate I didn't love
87 - The only meat I eat is fish
88 - I hold my breath when I walk past the butcher shop, I hate the smell
89 - I wish I had more time to cook healthy dinners
90 - I Love banana smoothies
91 - I want to run to th best of my abilities, I will give 100% to this goal
92 - I am a little bit neurotic
93 - I love the new Dr Who series
94 - I was scared of the Cybermen when I was a little girl
95 -I don't dwell on "what could have been", it is a waste of time
96 - I Love hot weather, despite being a freckly red head
97 - I last went to the doctor 6 years ago
98 - Blade Runner is one of my favorite films
99 - I am reading The Wasp Factory at the moment, Iain Banks is one of my favorite authors
100 - I saw fairies once when I was a little girl

10 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

Great idea Em, you've just had me sitting here going "Wow", "Really?", "Hahahaha", "Amazing"......etc, etc ! 97 is the one I find the most incredible! Maybe 17 & 60 help this! I find nothing "wrong" with 17, my sisters the same and I would never questions anyone elses decision on such matters...
3 & 55 made me laugh the most!
Might have to do one of these myself, if I can ever think of 100 things ! I'm so glad I stopped by and read this just now, its lifted my mood, so thanks for sharing!

MAR.

19:19

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

An interesting post!

How long did that take, I bet a while!

Stu

20:19

 
Blogger Boston said...

Gee! Em... what a post! You excelled your yourself.

How did you with 46 tonight..?

7,69, 80.

What I knew when I was 22 was very promising but at 32 was becoming a bit daunting.

21:02

 
Blogger Jaykay said...

Em, this is great.

Do you know that alot of your 100 things are about food!!

Might have to do one of these myself. Just not sure I can think of 100 things about myself!!

22:42

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

I love this post Em - I might have to nick the idea from you but I'm sure it would take me an entire week to think of 100 things lol :-)

08:30

 
Blogger Rice said...

#38. Do not worry about starting late. They say when you start young you will hit your prime and the fade away. If you start older you will still hit your prime but just at a latter age.. I was very happy to read this myself since I started young.
#41. Life is so much better after 30.

Cheers.

Rice.

09:00

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Em, totally loved your list :) !

13:39

 
Blogger Ewen said...

Your coach works at Ikea?

21:48

 
Blogger Peahen said...

Love your work Em, what a fantastic post.

08:24

 
Blogger MorseyRuns said...

I loved reading this Em, I also have never met a carb that I didn't love, mmm....potatoes.

11:57

 

Post a Comment

<< Home