a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Everything's going to be allllllright

Running
Mini Long run day, 16Km in 1:24:31, an average pace of 5:17. Totally gorgeous afternoon a bit overcast but lovely and warm, this may sound weird but it was kinda cool to be able to work up a proper sweat for a change. Happy to report that the achilies stood up well up some of the mini hills and bumps I had to negotiate today, not a niggle to be had!

Life
Couldn't be bothered cooking tonight so when I got picked up from the station we headed to our fave Vietnamese place. Problem being I was in my trackie so I asked the BF to bring me a top to change into (it is a pretty casual place), however even with a polo top on and the trackie dacks I still felt pretty self conscious, I looked like a drug dealer! I am of the school of thought that tracksuits are sports wear, ie for before and after a work out, they are not an outfit, anyway, I am sure no one else noticed and dinner was fantasic as always.

Thanks for the kind comments yesterday, I only posted the pic to show off the new Skins, and you know, it is all about the pose! Have you ever noticed the before and after shots for weight loss commercials? The before photo is almost always a full frontal shot, the after shot is almost always that sideways, one leg pushed out in front pose, thus minimising the "frontage" presented to the camera. Only the Kate Moss's and Nicole Ritche's of this world get away with the front on pose, because let's face it, if they stood sideways we wouldn't be able to see them :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Ooops, I've been wearing trackies most of the time for the last cuple of weeks AND going out in them! Prolly coz I've put on about 3kg since I cut back on the running and my jeans don't fit *blushes*

Very happy to hear that the achilles is behaving!

21:23

 
Blogger Ruune said...

I fell in love with Hub when he said that he preferred me in tracky dacks to being all dressed up.

13:50

 

Post a Comment

<< Home