a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Nice and easy

Running
Nice and easy tonite, as I had promised myself. 13Km in 1:07:38 an average pace of 5:12. I have to go in for testing again tomorrow afternoon for the study I volunteered for so I will back up for another easy 10km in the morning.

Life
It is my mum's birthday today, so with the brother and sister living on the Gold Coast it was just a small group of us for a lovely dinner at our favorite Vietnamese place (jeans for me tonight, not the trackie dacks like last week). Mum was thrilled because she wasn't expecting to see me until I took her out for lunch on Saturday. We had a bit of a moment during dessert when I felt like a five year old again. Mum was trying to make me eat some of her ice-cream with fudge sauce, but I was refusing. So here I am, aged 32 in a restaurant with my mouth clamped shut refusing to eat something my mum was trying to feed me. If I had have started eating it I would not have been able to stop! There will be enough time for ice-cream as a treat in 17 days time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all the running you I'm sure you could be a bit easier on yourself as regards food.

Later tonight I'm going to have a full bowl, and I mean a full bowl, of ice cream with crushed nuts. Why, because I feel like it. You should do the same, it's not going to interfere with your running performance (I think).

22:00

 
Blogger MorseyRuns said...

Mothers, can't live with them, can't live with them....they never change, mine is exactly the same.

10:08

 
Blogger Rice said...

oh I have a hard time with the ice cream.. Gold Coast eh, we would go down there on the weekends. We lived up in Eight Mile Plains area out of Brisbane years back..

Cheers.

Rice.

10:35

 
Blogger Vicky said...

LOL! Making you feel like a naughty kid again is right up there with those other motherly traits - eyes in the back of the head and always knowing whats best for you...! Supposedly!

12:22

 
Blogger Peahen said...

You crack me up Em, I can't get anywhere near your "easy pace". Wednesdays run was amazing, you really are caining along. Can't wait to see how well you do with the half.....it's gonna be a HUGE celebration I think.

12:45

 

Post a Comment

<< Home