a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Big fat blah

Running
I had a tempo session planned for today, 1Km warm up and cool down and 8Km in the middle to test my hoped for half marathon race pace of 4:50 to 5:00. The less said about it the better really, just not one of those good runs. I just could not find my rhythm and my shoes, which have 530Kms on them now seem to have just gone flat all of a sudden. All the bounce has gone and I scored a couple of big flat blisters. Not too impressed really, I was told they were a high mileage trainer and I would expect more than 500Kms out of them. Maybe it was just a crap day, they felt fine over 16km yesterday. Anyway, finished up with 10.3Km in 52:59, an average pace of 5:07 with only 4Km at target pace, pretty shitty considering I did a 10Km tempo session 2 weeks ago in 49:18.

Whatever, it's done now and it was better than not running, it's just knocked my confidence somewhat.

Confession
Just watched a show in Biography Channel, Meatloaf: Bat out of Hell. Although it is before my time I totally love that album, Meatloaf has an amazing voice. My brother and I used to put Dad's Bat out of Hell album on when we were kids and jump around the living room, we new all the lyrics! And of course I do remember his turn as Eddie in the Rocky Horror Picture Show and I thought he was great in Fight Club as well. He was on JJJ the other morning and was a pretty good sport.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Don't sweat it Em - you can't be perfect 100% of the time ;-) We all have those crappy runs from time to time, you know yourself that you're better than that so just tick off another run done and look forward to the next one. Personally I'd still kill for that time :-)

19:54

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You are making me feel so old. Your Dad use to own that album!! I use to own that album and was an absolute die hard Meatloaf fan (I have my blush face on!) :)

21:20

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em - I still own that album plus a few more of Meatloafs - and CD's in the car ......(same as Lee ........)

Feeling old now Em - thanks heaps .... lol

Take care ..

Eat Em

10:21

 
Blogger Jaykay said...

Meatloaf was my time too!!

16:09

 

Post a Comment

<< Home