a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

WTF happened to Spring

Running
I had a massage booked tonight so not much time to squeeze in the run. 6Km in 31:40 so an easy pace of 5:17. A 10Km run was planned but not a big deal it will be easy to make up the extra 4km over the rest of the week. AND frankly the weather was even too much for me tonight, cold, wet, windy, bloody miserable. As usual a massage hit the spot and now I am relaxing with a big glass of water.

Life
Very disturbed to read on the front page of The Age this morning that 4 more of the Bali 9 have had their appeals against their jail terms over turned and the death penalty imposed instead. I guess that is Indon's slap on our wrist for granting asylum to the West Papuans. I know what they did was wrong blah blah blah, I have heard all those arguments, but I simply can not condone the death penalty under any circumstances. It will be a sad day for me if I find that my heart has become so hard that I can accept capital punishment.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em, this is how i remember spring in Melb... four seasons in one day. Amazingly surprised that August turned out to be such a good weather. We need the rain though.
/ ajc

22:31

 
Blogger Unknown said...

A massage on such a bleak revolting day sounds like bliss. It just never stopped raining!!
I know what you are saying about about capital punishment, it is just awful :(

07:05

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

If it makes you feel any better the weather here has turned to crap as well - wet, cold and WINDY!!!

I certainly won't be running this evening if it keeps up like this :-(

09:45

 
Blogger Rice said...

I have no opinion one way or the other for capital punishment I feel I could argue both sides of the fence. But to worry of such things that have no direct hit on your own self will only work to strain your hart and who knows maybe someday harden it.

Cheers

Rice.

10:15

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok reality check time! This is how
Spring always is in Melbourne. As a
motorbike courier i can safely say
that it is by far the worst time of
the year weatherwise. Absolutely no
consistency. Sorry!

SB:)

19:25

 

Post a Comment

<< Home