a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ughh, minor injury alert

Running
Session last night was in Fawker Park, 8 by 300 mtre with 300 mtre float. I don't mind the continuous session because it keeps the momentum going. The track was probably about 300 mtres and my splits were pretty good. I also popped off the track at fast rep 5 for some water because it was a hot dry night and I was parched. I muffed up taking the splits a bit but the fast sets started around 61, held at about 58 and finished with a 55.

Now, no running today, SHOCK! HORROR!, why? You all know by now how I hate to admit a weakness......but I pulled up sore in the arch/heel of my right foot last night. That is part of the reason I didn't blog last night, after shuffling back to Fed Square and driving home I was in a foul mood. It took me 25 minutes to get from Fawkner to my car, was not happy. Anyway, it's my own fault, I think I should have retired my current pair of Brooks about 50Km ago. Trying them on tonight and comparing the feel to a new pair the support is well and truly shot. So Monday night was their last run, IF I ever do any gardening they will be gardening shoes.

So attempting to be sensible I didn't even think of doing my 14Km run tonight, didn't even bring the gear so I wouldn't be tempted. Instead opted for 60 minutes on the exercise bike, B O R I N G and very hard on my bum. Still, 26.5 Kms and I used the interval program to help keep the heart rate up and was better than doing nothing. I have been icing and applying the anti inflammatory cream all day, hopefully it will come good by tomorrow. I won't whinge, just found out today one of the Ausrunners has a stressie and is taking it remarkably well, I would feel guilty if I started sooking about maybe missing a couple of runs.

My real Mo Bro
I have obtained a couple of default Mo Bro's this month who have all gotten the lip fuzz going in the name of charity. But I would like to take the opportunity to unleash my real Mo Bro on blogland. Looking very much like a dodgy 70s vacuum cleaner salesman this is my baby bro in his mustachioed glory, as he said to me, I can't run a Marathon, but I can grow a Mo for charity. People are always commenting how much we look alike, I have to agree, though I don't have a Mo and I am a wee bit prettier :-)



With plenty of time to think while peddling away this afternoon I realised something, I am hungry, really hungry. And not for a meal (well, that goes without saying really), but for my running goals. I can't wait to run for AV next year and I am so excited about getting stuck in and trying to get some good times on the road in the coming 12 months. I WILL run a sub 21 minute 5km, I WILL run a sub 45 minute 10km and I WILL run a sub 100 minute half marathon, I WILL do what it takes. Woo Hoo, Fire in the Belly :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

WOW, a very mixed post!

Good stuff first - I have no doubt that you will achieve all those results and more Em. It doesn't happen overnight, but with your determination and hard work, it WILL happen - as I've said before. Fire indeed!

Bad stuff - the foot. You're right to rest it and do everything else you can to get it better quickly. I don't like to pop pills or run to the physio at every little tweak, but at the same time, believe we should use all sources to aid/speed recovery, so end up doing whatever it takes. Hope it gets better real quick.

Your bro - can definately see the resemblance! Cool!

MAR.

20:09

 
Blogger Ruune said...

Man talk about motivated. I am really looking forward to you achieving all of your goals and will be waiting to see how well it goes.

22:23

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On your level of training, I have no doubt whatsoever you'll reach all those goals. Just stay healthy...

And avoid gardening like the plague. I always manage to injure myself doing the gardening. If god had meant us to garden, he/she wouldn't have invented concrete.

09:42

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On your level of training, I have no doubt whatsoever you'll reach all those goals. Just stay healthy...

And avoid gardening like the plague. I always manage to injure myself doing the gardening. If god had meant us to garden, he/she wouldn't have invented concrete.

09:42

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for those goals Em! It's exciting and motivating to see others excited and motivated!! Keep it up (but fix that foot first)!

14:24

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em, I enjoyed the HVT session and definitely will be returning, so you look after that foot 'cos I don't want to be a Neville No Mates!

14:51

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like an hour on the bike to get you all fired up for running again!

14:55

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where in Fawkner Park is the track? I must be blind not seeing it.

So to hear about your injury, hey s... happens.

15:24

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dee hi trixtasrunning.blogspot.com blogger found your blog via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

21:49

 

Post a Comment

<< Home