a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Running, Bush Walking, tired....

Running
Long Run day and ran for 1:50:00, ended up being 20.2km with average pace 5:27. I could have met up with my Tuesday night group but I needed to be done by 9am so it was up at the crack of a sparrow's and off to the Koonung Creek Trail. After the wind and the rain during the week, this mornings sunshine was most welcome. Though I found myself drinking heaps at the water fountains and ended up with a couple of stitches to work though, ouch.

This weeks running represented a pretty ideal week with 71Kms and a good mix of speed work, tempo, long and recovery runs. I reckon I'll continue this way until around the start of March when I'll start building the mileage. I am not sure about long run strategy but it seems that I should probably keep them at the 20km mark until next year where again I'll start building. Being that Summer is going to be shorter racing, probably nothing over 5km, unless a 10 ker takes my fancy, there is probably no need to be doing any weekly mileage higher than the 70s and long runs higher than 20Km

The Mountains
After this mornings long run the BF and I headed up to Mount Dandenong for a Bushwalk, it was a valley walk, so a lovely down hill followed by a punishing uphill. It was in a gorgeous spot called the RJ Hamer Arboretum, after one of the many bushfires that have hit the Dandenongs they re-planted one area with lot's of European trees. It is a great spot, one minute you are walking through Conifers, Oaks and Maples, then into the valley and it is back to Aussie bush. Here are some pics







Now, as you can imagine I am pretty tired, and dinner aint gonna cook itself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Boston said...

Hi...!
71 kms is pretty good.
These pictures of the Dandenongs are very good and encouraging to go walking around there.
I hope for a summer with minimum bushfires to say the least.

18:45

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous - those photos are beautiful! Just looking at them makes you want to run!

20:25

 
Blogger MorseyRuns said...

What a great place for a stroll- was it hard for you to just wander through and not want to run?

15:53

 
Blogger Ewen said...

That bottom trail looks inviting!

20:49

 

Post a Comment

<< Home