a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, March 24, 2006

11.7 Km Today - 28 Km this week

Tan run again today, very dark mornings at the moment, a bit tricky around the unlit sections. Threw in a couple of speed intervals, I will start getting more serious after the R4K and step up the training for the half. I am starting to get into quite a comfort zone so my next goal will be to start stretching myself to keep it interesting and put more variety into the workouts. Is it foolish to train for a half and a full marathon this year with the side goal of trying to get the best 10K I can?? Maybe I should just tackle one thing at a time, I don't know, as long as I am enjoying myself I won't lose any sleep over it. I have been contemplating joining an Aths club, but I think I would like to continue on my own this year and build my base and more importantly my confidence in myself. I am happy just being in competition with myself at the moment, the self esteem may take a battering if I start pitting myself against others. Particularly people who have been at this game since they were kids. Had a funny encounter yesterday morning that I forgot to relate. I was waiting for a tram to pass so I could cross the road and there were a couple of drunk bogans using the ATM (thurs and fri morning runs are always fun and games as I work my out of the cbd!) one of them decided he was going to go for a run with me, well, he only lasted about 10 meters. So, I can take comfort in the fact that no matter how I perform on Sunday I know that at least I can outrun a drunk bogan :-) There were some leaving drinks at work today I'll admit that I caved and had half a glass of champers, but the fact that I had to drive home kept me to just the one. Got out a bit later today and got caught up in the traffic, but all up the Comm Games have not really caused me any grief on the roads. Didn't really mind the extra time on the road today because I got to catch Hack for a change so I don't have to download the Podcast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home