a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

8.4 Km today - first running day this week

Went to the Comm Games last night to watch Craig Mottram contest the 5000m. What a race!!!!! I don't know anything about the tactic/technical side of things, but I was in awe, the 13 minutes passed in a blur and I yelled myself hoarse. Craig ran so well and was just pipped at the end by Cloghe a pocket rocket who just streaked ahead in the last 150m or so. I was so wound up that I did not get to sleep until after midnight and then had dreams all night about men running around a never ending Aths track (I kid you not). I was shattered this morning and really struggled to head out for my run, plus it was a bit chilly this morning. But I sucked it down and thought about the likes of Craig Mottram and Kerry McCann and Benita Johnson and knew that they did not get to where they are by wussing out of a run because they were tired and it was too cold. Not that I will ever be at their standard but they can still inspire me. So run I did and it really cleared the cob webs, like every other time I have stuggled I have forgotten about it within 2 minutes of getting started. Bought 2 more long sleeve tops today, and there was a Brooks rep instore who is sending in a winter '05 waterproof vest for me at a discounted price because they didn't have any in from the current season. Thought that seemed like a nice gesture. I figure I would overheat in a long sleeve waterproof and that a vest would be perfect, as long as I can keep my chest and back dry running in the rain probably won't be too bad - famous last words I am sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home