a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

8.7 Km today - 13.7 Km for the week

The usual routine this morning, up while the birdies are still sleeping and the possums are still playing and off to the City and The Tan. Decided to mix it up a bit today and start running up some of the hills. All around The Tan (for those who are not familiar) there are various paths and driveways the wind up hill from the main track. This morning I powered up 4 of them at a good clip and the jogged back down again and continued on my merry way. All up my average per Km pace was about 5:24, nice and comfortable with a bit of a sprint over the last 200 meters. When R4K is over I am going to join some of the Start to Finish sessions on a Saturday morning. I am wanting some variety and want to keep up with the group training. Checked out some airfares today for July (Gold Coast half marathon), I can get up there and back for about $230. With baby bro and sis living up there I am set for somewhere to stay so will head up the week before to aclimatise. Spent a small fortune on new glasses and prescription sunnies yesterday so shall have to hold off on booking the tickets for a couple of weeks, curse my dodgy eyesight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaddy said...

hi! i got to you off sekhmets link! i'm about to start training properly and cant wait! never trained for running a marathon b4 so am looking forward to reading your journey!

22:41

 
Blogger Em said...

Hi there kat - I love visitors, it gives me lots of new blogs to look at too.

18:33

 

Post a Comment

<< Home