a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Just kicking back and taking it easy

Ahh, the rest day, an extra half an hour in bed this morning, lovely. Mum came into the city today to meet me for a coffee, she was very proud showing off her new size 14 pants. I am very proud of her losing almost 30 Kgs, go mum! She then proceeded to give me a stern talk about making sure I look after myself and eat enough. I don't think she has forgotten my "one meal a day" phase I went through in high school. I assured her that Yes, I have lost alot a weight but No, I have not achieved that through not eating and that in fact I eat like a horse, hell if I wasn't a Vego I probably would eat a horse (OK, no, that is a gross exaggeration, I couldn't eat Phar Lap) - meanwhile while she was giving me this talk I was busy eating the marshmallow and mini flake that came with her skinny hot chocolate while I drank my full fat latte, Ughhhh, there is nothing more grotesque than skinny lattees, uck, gross, yucko. Starting to look forward to the Run for Kids, I am just going to go out and enjoy that one. As there will be a slow start I am not fussed with setting a time goal for this one, having said that 90 minutes would be great. PS - have just noticed the monthly KMs have ticked over the 200 Km mark, YAY for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home