a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The day before race day........

Just taking it easy today, getting all the chores out of the way because I know I won't feel like doing them tomorrow. It was nice to spend an extra hour in bed this morning and I had another nap this afternoon. Though I did miss my run this morning. Today I have eaten - Breakfast 2 hot cross buns (one with a little butter and one without) Lunch 1 home made salad sandwich (avocado, tobasco, tuna, lettuce, carrot, mustard, tomato, cucumber) 1 glass of orange juice my usual supplements Snacks I slice of plain bread an apple Dinner Will be having pasta with tomato sauce and mushrooms and an apple afterwards Race morning As per a long run I will have either a fruit bun or a couple of slices of toast with jam (no butter) before I leave the house and some Endura and a piece of fruit in the car on the way there and then nothing from 45 minutes before the race. Throughout the day, about 2 litres of half 1/4 strength Endura. That is you are supposed to mix 1 scoop with 200ml, I am mixing 1 scoop per litre. I will have half strength pre race, just like I do before the long runs. Warning - next bit for girls eyes only, boys can read ahead at their own peril....... It just happens to be my t.o.m at the moment, since I started running seriously last December I have, with one exception, been untroubled. Which after years of pain is quite exciting, looks like exercise has made quite a difference. Things are still not perfect though and I never know what my body will decide to do so I am experimenting with loading up on Endura the day before and morning of to see if that has any impact on lessening the cramping. Here's hoping it helps otherwise it is nurofen and running though it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Good luck for your race tomorrow!

A lot of women I know say that ttom makes running easier. I know that exercise certainly helps with the pain....fingers crossed for you!

17:09

 

Post a Comment

<< Home