a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, April 30, 2006

06:59:59 and 76.1 Km

Well this was my biggest week yet, 76.1 Km, even though I am looking at it right in front of me, I still can not believe what I am seeing! Gee, you think I could have run that extra 1 second to bring it up to 7 hours though. Finished the week with a 24 Km slow run at an average pace of 5:40 in about 2hrs 14min, so I guess that 2 hour half marathon is looking very doable (is that a word?) I still think I should be doing the long run at a more conservative pace, but damn it if Tiger Boy just doesn't keep pushing me and pushing me (just kidding buddy). Was another great run with some good company, Tony, Michele, Jay, Paul, Beki, Diana who I had not met before and Super Rob surprised us and caught up with the group when we were about 6 Kms in - Funny how my fastest Km split was right after he joined us as I raced ahead with him and Tony, typical Em trying to keep up with the boys, it has been the same since I was 5! I have been thinking about ways to manage the pre-race anxiety I go though. Music always helps centre me so I might by an el-cheapo MP3 player, I saw a 128 Mb one at Harvey Norman for $50. Just something small enough to shove into my shorts pocket before the race starts. Weigh in today (before running), have lost half a kilo this week, something I attribute almost entirely to Kinglake last week ;-). Have made no change to the eating habits, which are generally quite good anyway, it is all down to the extra distance. Well, rest up tomorrow and an even bigger week next week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jaykay said...

Beki you looked so strong out there today, it was great to see.

A huge month for you as well...it can only get better!!

17:40

 
Blogger Em said...

Hey - I am Em ;-)

17:44

 
Blogger Unknown said...

and i thought you were two different
people!! Oh well, you did do very well today!


Stormbikes

20:53

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

PMSL Jaykay!

You've done it again lmao :) :) :)

Great stuff EM, I can't wait to get to your level!!!

Also excited at the prospect of doing Trailwalker next year ;)

18:22

 

Post a Comment

<< Home