a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Today I made pain my friend :-)

First of all the picture. This was before the start of our run in Kinglake last Sunday. From left to right, Super Rob (Rogo), Beki and me. There are others taken during the run but let's just say vanity prevents me from posting them, Nike knew what they were on about with their Run Yourself Ugly campaign, I do!!!!

Now Today -

11 Km today - 31.8 Km this week

Training Plan - 2 Km warm up at 5:30, 3 X 1600 metres at 4:50 with 800 metre recovery and cool down to bring distance to 11 Km

Actual - 2 Km warm up at 5:30, 3 X 1000 metre at 4:30 to 4:50, standing recovery to bring heart rate to under 80% then 800 metre floating recovery between reps. Then back around the tan anti clockwise just for a change (and I was pretty buggered after the reps, thought I deserved a break from Anderson st), at about 5:10 pace.

So I met pain, shook his hand and said, Hey, let's be mates, because as I have said before, speed and me don't get along. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will be able to handle the 1600 metre reps.

Feeling in a more positive mood today, just a brief blip yesterday. I looked back on my split times from the last 10Km race and realised that most of them were sub 5:00, so I don't know what was going thru my head yesterday???!!!

I spoke to my sister today, I really miss not having her around and can't wait to get up to the Gold Coast to visit her again, we joked about setting up her black lab Charlie as a mobile support station for my half marathon. It will be great to have my brother and sister there at the finish line for me and I wil probably need to be carried back to the car :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaykay said...

Em, with all the hard work that you're putting in, the 1/2 on the GC will be a doddle!!

MD & I completed our first one with only 1/2 the training that you've done!

20:40

 
Blogger Em said...

I wish it will be a doddle - methinks I am going to be giving until I can't give anymore, and then some, hence the need to have my family there to carry me back home to the pool and the chilled champers :-)

21:27

 

Post a Comment

<< Home