a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Monday, April 24, 2006

Rest Day

Monday is rest day. I headed off to Yoga at lunch time, being that I am very slack with the stretching Yoga was great after a hard run yesterday. I also walked home from the station just to keep the legs moving as well. As you can see on the right, it was pretty much straight up and down, the first 8.5 Km, aghhhhh, the final Kms, Yeeeeee Haaaaaa.

I am determined to conquer the hills, I KNOW that it is doing me good, the more I run them, the less I will fear them. The training plan has me down for a 10Km tomorrow, I have mapped out a good hilly course in my head. Normally when I am forced to run around my home I will stick to the same course but hills it is tomorrow morning.

Also the half marathon I am entering will pretty much be a flat course which, as was pointed out to me on Sunday will seem like a breeze compared to the likes of Kinglake.

Phew, it is going to be a long 11 weeks, which will probably end up passing in a flash, I should probably try not to spend every waking hour thinking about it.

I got my race number for the Mothers Day Classic today, that will mark 1 year since I entered my first fun run, back when all the running was indoors and only about 20 Kms a week. I can't really remember my time, it was the 4Km and I think I finished in about 25 minutes. This year I have entered the 8Km and I am tentatively hoping for 40 minutes, but with 2 goes up the anderson st hill that may be difficult. But this really is just a "fun" run for me, my best buddy is doing the 4Km and then the plan is for a big cafe breakie and a good goss afterwards. Also my grandmother died of breast cancer so I am running in her memory as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home