a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, April 22, 2006

8Km today - 46.3 Km this week - How hard is it to find running gear for Women?

The plan for today was for an easy 8KM, so that is what I did. It was one of those rare mornings when I couldn't be stuffed, but I got thru it. It was a combination of factors, I hate running from home because it is not very interesting and the cupboard was bare so my pre-run meal was the 1/4 of a left over Naan bread from last nights curry takeway. Pretty damn dodgy and nowhere near enough to fuel me. I need a new pair of 3/4 leggings, the Nike ones I bought in January are a bit baggy now and they chafe. GOD, how bloody hard is it to find women's running gear, you go to Rebel and there is nothing but stupid J-Lo tracksuits and crap yoga gear all garbage that is totally useless should you need to break a sweat or do anything outdoors. Aghhhhhh, meanwhile the men's section is nothing but good functional running gear. I went to Sports Depot and the men's rack said "Men's Running", the women's said "Women's Sporting Apparel" ie, useless terry toweling crap that you can not run in. I will have to go to Melbourne Sports Depot on Monday and get another pair of my favorite Adidas leggings. There was not even anything decent in Nike town. These people need to focus less on fashion and more on function/practicality. Then it was off to K-mart, which as they were having a sale was madness. It is my godson's 3rd birthday on ANZAC day, I have been hanging out for him to turn 3 so I can buy him Play-Doh!!! hey, I don't have to clean it up :-). I got this way cool Dinosaur Adventure Park, it has dino moulds that grow Play-Doh claws and teeth and stuff and little moulds that make fossils, and really it is all I can do not to rip into it and have a play myself. Big rest tonight before another hilly run tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home