a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Zoom Zoom Zoom

My new shoes! Now I have my old Adidas for trail running, my Saucony Omni's for training and long runs and my shiny new Nike Zoom Elites for speedwork and racing. Today - 10.1 Km This week - 52.1 Km Training Plan - 10 Km at 6:00 Actual - 10.1 Km at 5:35 Nothing special, just the boring plod in the streets around home, a few hills in there as well. I don't love the Saturday run, on my own around the streets, at least on the tan there are lot's of other runners providing some sort of company, running around home is just a bit blah. Still all my racing will be on roads so a bit of pounding the pavement is probably not a bad thing. Long run with the ESRG tomorrow, haven't seen some of them for a few weeks so looking forward to it. Milestone - just realised that yesterday I clocked up 800 Km for the year, 1000 Km not far away now, back in January I didn't think it would take me less than 6 months.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Em, 8ookm for the year! I am in awe. That is fantastic!!
Love those new shoes. I am starting to get a bit of a fettish for runners.

13:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home