a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, April 07, 2006

10 K today - 33.9 K this week

10 Km today, once around the tan then back up along the yarra, quite a quick pace today, I was feeling great after a very good night sleep. I think I have determined my cold tolerance, it was 8 degrees yesterday and I needed long sleeves and gloves. It was 12 degrees today and I was fine with short sleeves but I needed the gloves until I reached Anderson st, then I took them off and shoved them down the front of my leggings, for the rest of the run I was waving to people with my freaky little second hands :-) I have a feeling that 12 degrees with wind and rain might be far less tolerable though, this morning was nice and still. I felt a bit more revived today. I had Sustagen milk with 2 weet-bix before running, a flat white, a pumpkin soup with a half size tuna salad wrap which I had at 15:00 and I have had another sustengen just now. Oh yeah and a few mini easter eggs, well, the guy at the next desk was handing them around, would have been rude say no! It is cold and nasty so tonite I will get a takeaway dhal from the curry place, YUMMY! Sustegen seems to some sort of magic potion so I will stick with it, 2 serves with Physical add an extra 1000 Kj which is just about what I needed. I signed up with a Pilates studio today, I was getting sick of promising myself I would do it and I am no longer paying for a gym membership. It is a bit expensive (twice per month what I was paying for the gym, Yikes), but I am only committed for 3 months then I can pay by the month only. Still, I think I will see great benefits from it and what they heck, I don't have kids so it is just all about ME really. I have a 1 on 1 session next Tuesday to get me going and I really looking forward to it. A recent article in Runners World finally convinced me to give it a go, bit worried about the equipment though, looks like something from a torture chamber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home