a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ahhh, the rest day - warning contains another rant ;-)

Like the title says, today was a rest day, so of course, I feel restless and ripped off. I just keep repeating, you need to rest, it is good for you. I am going to start Pilates next week, that will give me something to look forward to on the rest day. Daylight savings is over now, so that means the possums will be tucked up in bed when I hit the road tomorrow, and no more tripping over tree roots. I saw the DUMBEST thing in priceline the other day, but I kept forgetting to rant about it. Just remembered as I sit here scoffing a bowl of rice and stir fry. You can get pills that reduce carbohydrate absorption, yes folks, you heard right, reduce carb absorption. Well, it is my blog and I'll swear if I want to, why the fuck would anyone want to do that!!! I'm sorry, and where do these muscle wasted, ketone overloaded, no carb eating Atkins freaks plan on getting their energy from??? The air that they breath?? I think not. I could almost rename this blog "Why Em thinks Atkins was a raving lunatic", have you ever seen someone on a low carb diet smile? To me they just have they hungry haunted look, when ever I look at those Atkins freak celebrities I just want to tie them to a chair and force feed them fettuchini. God give me strength, I for one do not fear the carbohydrate, the carb in my friend and anyone who knows me could hardly accuse me of looking the worse for it. And don't even get me started on the Diet book section of the book shop, makes me want to bring back good old fashioned book burning, no wonder people get so confused. God knows I tried and was tortured by enough of that madness in my 20s. There is only one "diet" book anyone should own, it is called Nutrition for Life by Catherine Saxelby, I swear by it. Back to Supersize me, which I was watching on the weekend. The guy that was having the gastric banding, who incidently discovered he had type 2 diabetes when he went blind one day! used to drink almost 4 litres of soft drink a day, A DAY, I'd be lucky to drink that in a year. Aghhhhhhhh, nuff said really, rant over.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em .... great ranting .... :-)

Hope you arelooking forward to Sunday

Take care
Eat Em

10:17

 
Blogger Em said...

Sure am.

Hope you will be fighting fit by then.

18:27

 

Post a Comment

<< Home