a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Monday, April 03, 2006

5Km today - first run for the week

Oh dear, once again I should have made today a rest day after 23 Km yesterday, but I really wanted to go to my last R4K session. Just did an easy 5Km today, quite the adventure as it was dark by the time we got started. I went out with the medium group looking for a 5:30 pace but soon left them behind, I think they were doing a slow medium today. I picked up another runner from my group who got a bit lost and we headed back together and had a nice chat. Ended up finishing comfortably in about 27 minutes. Saw Stu Mac at the end, he lead the 5Km fast and they came in at about 26 minutes so I probably could have managed that. I need to have more confidence in myself. I have just improved so much in the last 2 months, feeling very strong and I know if I keep dedicating myself I will be able to achieve my goals I don't even hurt after a long run, I am very very tired and sleep like a log that night, but no sore bits. Now, I know pride comes before a fall so I will shut up now before I tempt fate any further. I am going to start Pilates next week, it can be something for me to do on my rest day, quite looking forward to it. I won't really taper this week before the R4K, I am not expecting much from this run as it will be a very slow start. I am going to enter another 10Km on 28 May (Sri Chinmoy, keep feeding me pancakes and they will have a friend for life) and have another crack at getting in under that 50 minutes. Apart from that I only have the 8KM mothers day classic on 14 May, I won't do any more races ahead of the Gold Cost half in July. Feeling as I do tonite I am very confident of getting that half marathon in under 120 minutes. !!!!!!!! feeling good today !!!!!!!!!!! PS - if you read this, thanks again for the lift home TB, the train can be a bit feral at this time of night, I really appreciated it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Great to meet you tonight Em!

21:53

 

Post a Comment

<< Home