a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

10.4 Km today - 16.9 Km this week

I was going to join a S2F training session this afternoon, but I did some speed work last night (not much by most peoples standards but a good start for this slow poke!) and with daylight savings over I am not thrilled about having to catch the train home after dark. So I did a run by myself straight afterwork. I started work at 7 today so I took off at 16:00 today to run from the office, do 2 laps of the tan then back to Collins St, all up about 10.4 Km. Kept to a good disciplined, consistent slow pace today, about 5:36 per Km. I was a little sore after a faster session last night and a Pilates mat class at lunch time. I have done 3 Pilates sessions now and are really enjoying it, I am still trying to master the technique but it is worth it to get it right. I love the studio, the intstructors are great and the classes are small enough so you get plenty of help if you need it. This next bit is just for the girls (not to discriminate against you fellas, but seriously you won't be interested, you have been warned) I call this "it's all just in the head really". It is PMS time so naturally no one can do anything right and I feel like a pregnant elephant (in so far as I can empathise with how a pregnant elephant feels, I don't want to eat a pregnant elephant, this is not PMS cravings gone mad!), so this morning I weigh myself, then tonight, just to prove a point I weigh myself again, and hey presto no change from this morning. Therefore I feel like a disgusting fat beast, but I am in fact not at all resembling a giant pregnant mammal. Like I said, it's all just in the head really. God I really am a headcase sometimes :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaykay said...

Okay what's all this about a pregnant elephant Miss Beanpole????

15:23

 
Blogger Em said...

Oh, you know what PMS is like!

I feel bloated and disgusting for about 3 days, go a wee bit mental then normal transmission resumes
:-)

19:32

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

I'd be damn impressed if I weighed the same at night as in the morning. My weight usually fluctuates by about a kilogram a day!

10:57

 

Post a Comment

<< Home