a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, April 14, 2006

5.1 K - 29.8K this week

Nothing impressive today, just a quick 5 Km to get the blood flowing. Down to Video Ezy to return some DVDs, Nightwatch and The Proposition, then around the park and back home. Nightwatch wasn't too bad, though I watched it last night and as per fell asleep, also it was dubbed into English from Russian and you always lose a bit of the nuance with dubbing, I would have preferred subtitles. The Propositon was just as good the second time around. So good to see an excellent Aussie film without all that cringey "G'day cobber, chuck another prawn on the barbie, she'll be right, eccentric Ocker character" crap. The Proposition was just amazing I don't think it did as well at the AFI's as it deserved too. Then again I happen to think Nick Cave is a genius storyteller so I may be a touch biased ;-)

You may be wondering about the Merc in the top right there. No it isn't mine, but being a generally nasty day out there I have been prone to a spot of whimsy and have been thinking about getting a new (old) car. I don't drive much so I don't need anything fancy and you can pick up these old 350s for between 7 and 15 grand. I thought this one in particular looked gorgeous, but it is a '74 and if I am indulging in whimsy I would like to find a '73 because that is when I was born, so naturally it was a good year. I am not a car nut though so a bit more research will be needed to see if they are mechanically sound, etc, then again, they are Merc's. I found a really tricked out one that have been turned into a convertable and had a fancy sound system and all the mod cons for $30,000 but why do that to a classic car, also it was orange, ugh???

I am off to meet some of the ESRG crew tomorrow afternoon for a spot of running in the hills which I am looking forward too. I absolutely love cross country running, we are looking at about 15 K, but as I want to make it my long run I will probably push on to another 5 to 8 at the end.

I also had a good look at the Box Hill Athletic Club site. Looks like the only have a small field of women, about 5 or 6, but all of greater ability than me. The fixture for winter looks great though, quite a bit of X-Country as well. I will keep building the endurance this year with a view to signing up April 2007. The half and full marathon will keep me busy enough this year as well as quite a few 10 K events in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home