a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Monday, April 17, 2006

Death by Deep Heat :-( & Silvan run Pictures

Here are some pictures from the Mt Evelyn to Silvan run on Saturday, courtesy of Rogo OUCH, I had a very weird reaction to Deep Heat this afternoon. I have used it for years with no problems. Today after a nice soak in a Radox bath (a rare treat given our water issues here in Melbourne) I put some Deep Heat on my calves and quads which are a bit sore after quite a bit of running and a bush walk today. Within about 60 seconds I felt like my legs were on fire. Now I have a very high pain threshold (it's a chick thing) but I was in agony, I threw myself into a full on all cold water shower for about 5 minutes and barely even felt the water, my heart was beating like mad. Now my legs feel really cold and I look like I have been scalded with hot water. Weird, I didn't do anything that I wouldn't normally do when putting deep heat on. Not to worry, all is OK now, I'll live to run another day. Sigh, back to work tomorrow, long weekends are never long enough ;-) LATER About 20:00, legs feel fine now, funny Deep Heat reaction a distant memory now. Possibly helped by surprise visit from lovely freinds with wine! I hardly drink these days so I have become a very cheap date, one glass and I go all wobbly :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home