a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

8.1 K - 14.5 K this week

I really am taking it easy this week. Just an cruisey 8.1 today in about 43 minutes. I start the half marathon training plan next week, so I don't want to do anything fancy this week apart from keeping the legs moving. I must have put in a fair effort on Sunday because I am still a little sore, nothing serious, perhaps I should be treating myself to a massage after races. The Start to Finish training groups kicked off tonite, but given that I am taking it easy(ish) this week I gave it a miss. I will join in next Wednesday and maybe even this Saturday in Jells Park, at 5 bucks a session it looks like good value to me. I am glad they are continuing, I felt a bit lonely around the tan on Monday afternoon all by my lonesome. I love running on my own most mornings because frankly I am a bit of a bitch queen at that time of day, but in the afternoon I have warmed up and like to have someone to chat with. Caught a total icky creep leering at me this morning, he was just staring at me as I ran towards him, and then I turned to check the traffic before crossing the road and he was still leering, ughh. I have a massive gripe today, I like to keep it positive, generally, but I really would like to see all smokers rounded up and forced to live in little room together all breathing their own vile fumes. Every morning I get out there and move my butt around that running track only to hit the city again and have to run in the wake of some jerks foul smoke. And now that winter is coming I will have to put up with the idiots standing right outside the doors of my building right in front of the "No Smoking" signs getting their fix - Buy an umbrella you selfish dicks and go kill yourself somewhere else!

3 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

God, don't even get me started on the rubbish - especially when they drop the butts a mere couple of metres from the bin.

21:10

 
Blogger Jaykay said...

I can't even bear to stand near a smoker now. Smell is awful.

Can't believe I used to be one myself....shudder!!

13:18

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Trixta,
Just found your blog by accident.
I know what you mean about the smokers.
I think my senses have finally come
back after years of smoking myself. i
gave up a few years ago and i can smell them from a mile away now. Keep
up the good work with your running.


Stormbikes
http://40somethingathlete.blogspot.com

14:16

 

Post a Comment

<< Home