a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Ughhh, nasty weather

I was going to do a quick 5K today, but the weather sucks and I have the R4K tomorrow so it is probably a good idea to rest. I am just getting all the chores out of the way so I can take it easy tomorrow after the race. I have my best buddy's 32nd tonite so I will have to go easy on the drink. I was going thru my iPod this morning and discovered that I have played Hallelujah a ridiculous amount of times (the Jeff Buckley version, full credit to Leonard Cohen, but Jeff just bought something inexplicable to that song.). My heart almost breaks in two every time I hear him sing that song - this weather always brings out the melancholia........ Now I've heard there was a secret chord That David played, and it pleased the Lord But you don't really care for music, do you? It goes like this The fourth, the fifth The minor fall, the major lift The baffled king composing Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Your faith was strong but you needed proof You saw her bathing on the roof Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew her She tied you To a kitchen chair She broke your throne, and she cut your hair And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah You say I took the name in vain I don't even know the name But if I did, well really, what's it to you? There's a blaze of light In every word It doesn't matter which you heard The holy or the broken Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah I did my best, it wasn't much I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you And even though It all went wrong I'll stand before the Lord of Song With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah

1 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Love that song :)

Good luck for tomorrow Em, hopefully I will see you there!

B x

19:24

 

Post a Comment

<< Home