a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, May 04, 2006

One of those great runs!!!!!!!

Training Plan 10Km 1.5 Km warm up @ 5:30 6.5 Km @ 5:10 pace 2 Km cool down @ 5:30 Actual Pretty much as above except temp pace 4:55 and total distance 10.4 Km Back to my favorite track, The Tan from Fed Square and back again. I keep thinking I will get sick of this route but I don't, there is always so much to look at and I just love the surroundings. It is almost meditative, I can just cruise comfortably without having to stop and look for traffic and cross roads. Everything really clicked today and I had a great run, felt very comfortable with the pace had plenty left to give. Concentrating on control and steady breathing today and trying to tackle Anderson st. I would like to give my 8Km PB a crack at the Mothers Day Classic in 2 weeks, however I did make my PB (40:00) on a flat course so it may not be possible, I am sure I will get close though. Ahhh, feeling very positive and happy with myself tonight, now to just hold on to this feeling :-) I changed my Blog Pic today, this is a running blog so I wanted a running picture. So I pinched this one from another ausrunners blog (thanks Paul!) as it is the least "run yourself ugly" running pic that has been taken of me. This one was at about the 11Km point of a 24Km training run, I was stuffing my face with jelly beans while some of the others had a loo break. Note also, no specs!!! I have taken the advice of some other ausrunners who wear contacts when they run and given it a go myself, so far no problems.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

That is a great pic Em, I have been toying with the idea of changing mine, but have nothing suitable yet!

Great pace, you are going great guns!!!!

11:41

 
Blogger Jaykay said...

Em, I thought of you at 6.30am this morning while I was lying in my nice warm snuggly bed :o)

And Beki, I'll take a photo of you on Sunday!!

11:53

 
Blogger Em said...

Thanks Jay!

I did drag my butt out there and I spotted Clarkey as well

14:39

 

Post a Comment

<< Home