a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Massage, running, pilates

Training Plan - 11Km at 6:00 pace Actual - 11Km at 5:40 pace This week - 22.8 Km Just a functional run today, it had to be done but was not particularly enjoyable (though still felt great afterwards!). Rushed home from work, chucked the running gear on and headed out. Big loop of my block up Middleborough Rd, left into Burwood Rd, left into Blackburn rd, wound around a few side streets to get the 11Km up. I don't love running the streets but I was pressed for time tonight so just my imagination and peak hour traffic for company. I did a Pilates mat class at lunch time, it was quite a strong class today and I am really feeling it in the abs tonite, but I am starting to see some definition of the muscles which is kinda cool. I had a semi private session yesterday (just 2 people per instructor) and that was a great session. They know I am a runner and give me some great targeted exercises and concentrate strongly on good long stretches. I had my first proper massage tonight which was fantastic. I have only ever had airy fairy aromatherapy massages before, which are nice but not massively beneficial. Today's massage was quite intense and found quite a few knots in the muscles, particularly the calves which I didn't even know I had and although it was a little uncomfortable at times it was fantastic, I will definitely be back for more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stu Mac said...

Sounding more like a runner every day....

Got a run in, wasn't great but I ticked it off the calender!

Did pilates, exercises are going to benefit my running!

Massage, got stuck into my calves, found some sore spots, but all is good and I will be back!

Yep a runner!

Well done Em


Regards

Stu

21:37

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Aah, the massage sounds wonderful! I can't wait to get mine booked in :)

Yep, will def be wearing the shorts over the Skins after trying them on tonight - eek!

21:53

 
Blogger Jaykay said...

Good to hear that you enjoyed the massage. I'll send a PM to CV and get booked in after the GTR.

Might have to look into the Pilates thing, especially if it tones the abs.

11:12

 

Post a Comment

<< Home