a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The start of the running week

Training Plan - 11 Km at 6:00 pace Actual - AM 5.5 Km at 5:25 pace (the tan) PM 6.1 Km at 4:55 pace (croydon aths) I have decided today that if I could somehow bottle how I feel after a run I would put the Prozac people out of business within a month :-) Big day today, quick run before work, Pilates at lunch time (getting the hang of it) and Croydon Aths tonight for a 30 minute time trial. Was very happy to finish the 30 minutes with just over 6Kms and feeling quite comfortable with it. I was flicking though some of my old training notes from August to December last year and it was making me laugh. Here are some snippets - "tried to run about 5Km outdoor today, only needed to stop at walk 3 times" "struggled with outdoor run on Sunday, could only manage 35 minutes" "long run on treadmill 90 minutes, 15 Km" (as a comparison did the run for the kids 14.7 in 75 minutes) "37 Km this week!!" So this is how far I have come, from struggling to get through a 5Km outdoor run to 76 Km a week and half marathon training. Well, it has been a big day definitely up for a good night sleep tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well done Em! Fantastic feeling isn't
it. Think of where you'll be at in
another 12mths.


Stormbikes

06:55

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

lmao Em!

Isn;t it fantastic looking back through your old training notes! Really reminds you of how far you have come :)

Awesome work at Aths last night too!

11:55

 

Post a Comment

<< Home