a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Monday, May 01, 2006

Just Resting

Monday is rest day, now that I am doing more mileage I appreciate my one day off very much. Yoga again today at lunch time which felt great after yesterdays long run. Though I have to say I am the worlds most inflexible person. I look on the class more as a good stretching session that a technically perfect yoga workout, I just could not get into most of those poses without snapping something. And oh god the horror, a guy walked in today wearing these little bike shorts. Thankfully he chose a spot on the other side of the room. I didn't want to be behind that if we had to get into downward facing dog!!!!!! Even though there was no running today I did walk home from the station and then back up to the shops for the groceries, I can't sit completely still, come on. Bit of a body assessment after my highest mileage week, everything seems to be holding up fine. I have certainly pulled up alot less comfortable on a Monday morning. My calves are the only part of me that are giving any niggles at the moment, they always hurt towards the end of the long run as well. Now for May, 2 months until the HM, the ticker on this blog is bugging me though, it is not counting down properly, I may just take it off. Goals for May Keep up the training (obviously) Keep enjoying the running Finish 10Km in under 50 minutes Win the mental battle

2 Comments:

Blogger Stu Mac said...

Hi Em, my first visit in awhile... as you probably know I love to have an opinion and I also like to share...

HM in 2 hours for you - yes!!!

Congrats on your biggest week, and now is the time to do all of the right things, 2 months away... good stretching and good maintenanc of niggles. Did you get that massage? Might be a great way to ensure that the body is in good condition before you up your kms a bit more.

I have finally added you to my bloglines, so expect some more comments, all the best and will se you on the roads.

regards


Stu

18:06

 
Blogger Em said...

Hey there stranger

I think I am travelling along nicely, quietly proud of myself & just concentrating on doing the right things.

And as always seeking and getting great advice from all the seasoned Ausrunners.

I have a massage booked in for weds night, can't wait.

22:12

 

Post a Comment

<< Home