a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, June 16, 2006

All going to plan

Training Plan - 11 Km at 6:00 Actual - 11 Km at 5:30 Weekly Total - 51 Km This was always going to be a big week, and I am on track to round out the week at 82 Km, which will be my highest mileage week yet. Some of the other weeks in this plan have ended up falling short of plan because I chose to do a few a races over the last couple of weeks. I enjoyed the races and they provided valuable experience so they were worth the mileage sacrifice. I just took it easy today, my legs were certainly still feeling yesterday's session so this really was just taken at recovery pace. I stayed off The Tan again today and headed up along the Yarra bike path towards Burnely, turned around at about 5.5 Km and cruised back again. The last couple of evenings have been deceptively mild, the Nylex clock was reading 14 yesterday and 12 today. Despite that I have still layered up with a LS top over my tank top, though yesterday I took the LS top off and left it on the side of the track while I did my intervals. I wore my favorite cozy Asics top today, they seem to be the only label that make their tops long enough in the body, all the others I have tried on are too short and my tum and back get cold. Thank god for Saturday mornings, the only day of the week that I get a sleep in, which means I am up at 07:00 instead of 05:30 :-) I have been particularly tired this week, I don't help myself by not really eating properly. My biggest downfall in dinner, by the time I get home I really can't be bothered and end up either with toast and baked beans or pasta which I generally don't feel like and hardly touch anyway. Interestingly I figured out last night that my Basal Metabolic Rate is about 5700 Kjs, that is the amount of energy that is required to keep me alive every day, to maintain my current body weight I require about 9500 Kjs a day. Add to that the average 3200 Kjs burned through exercise I should probably be more diligent with my diet to ensure I am getting enough good quality energy. It is too close to the half to start changing things now. I am planning on taking it easy in the week following, and I have the week of work, so I will take the time then to sit down and plan my nutrition more sensibly. I have a pretty sound knowledge in that area and know what I should be doing, I just need the time to put some plans into action. That's all for now, nothing earth shattering today, just sticking to the plan and seeing out these final couple of weeks before the big day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm like you in a way, always tired. I'm sure it's the long runs (chuck in late nights early mornings).

82 km is certainly a big week in anybody's language.

21:44

 

Post a Comment

<< Home