a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, June 10, 2006

LSD on a Saturday Morning

Training Plan - Long Run Actual - Long Run, 18Km at 6:19 Weekly Total - 66 Km Due to tomorrow's Rogaine the Long Run this week was moved to Saturday so Rogo and I headed off to Sugarloaf Reservoir to run the trails with the Kangaroos. Rather than posting the "training plan" distance I have just opted for Long Run. Mainly because I run trails mostly for the long run and you can't always plan the distance, as long as I go for about 2 hours I am happy. Today's running time was 1:55:21, the average pace was bought down by a couple of long Kms as I had to *shock* walk up a couple of hills. The terrain was pretty rough which took it's toll and at one point my legs pretty much said, "screw you, we're on strike!". Here I have to give a big thanks to Rogo for his infinite patience as a running parter as I took my walk breaks. And I think we took the right turn at Alberquerke when we should have taken the left (Bugs Bunny reference in case you didn't know & I know it is spelled wrong, but I can't be arsed checking) so we went on a bit of an adventure trek, the GPS map will be interesting, lot's of squiggles I imagine. It's all good though, that is why I like X-Country and Rogo learned that whining for me amounts to no more than "man, will this hill ever end?" It was a very cold morning, the temp gauge in my car made it to a minus reading for the first time ever by the time I reached Lilydale. I am assured there were some great views, but it was very misty, it threatened to clear at one stage but it rolled back in again. I quite like it like that though, looking out over the damn I could see little treed islands rising from the mist, so my imagination turned them into Avalon and I could pretend I could see King Arthur being rowed out there to be buried - that'll be my Cornish ancestry coming out there, or maybe it was just the LSD, sorry terrible joke :-) The final part of the run over the blessed sealed road took us over the damn wall, long and straight and with the mist looked like it was stretching on forever, this is when Talking Heads Road to Nowhere sprung into my mind. Phew, I will sleep very well tonight, another early start. This next bit has nothing to do with running - when I was driving up to the shops this afternoon In Between Days (The Cure) came on the radio, isn't it funny how you don't hear a song for years but you can still remember every single word to sing along. Yet I get to the shops and can't remember half the bloody things I needed to buy, I get more exercise at the shops as I re-visit every isle 3 times!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jaykay said...

OMG Em, you walked up a hill!!! (joke joyce!!).

Good luck with the rogaine tomorrow, I know you'll kick a*^e!!

19:24

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Yay! Hopefully I'll be able to run a bit of the Rogaine tomorrow (but I should prolly not push it toooooo much).

I was actually getting quite excited reading through the book today, still confused as hell about the map reading though.....

See you at some ungodly hour tomorrow morning!

19:37

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be worried about having to walk up a hill, we've all done it, well I have. 18 k's in that terrain probably equates to 20+ something km on the flat.

As an aside I was reading your blog, then "you've got mail" annoucement made, I can't help myself, have to check, and it was your comment to my blog.

20:41

 
Blogger R2B said...

Just passing through...
Your post brought a smile to my face very witty,I knew the LSD joke was coming though hehe!

Cheers R2B

Ps i am racing in state XC next week and im planning on walking some of the hills so don't worry!

21:50

 
Blogger Crissyjt said...

Great read tonight!
Quite a bit of smirking going on over here in boogsville!
Loved it.

23:51

 

Post a Comment

<< Home