a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Recovery Run Today

Training Plan - 13 km at 6:00 Actual - 13.3 km at 5:32 Today was all about recovery after a pretty hard weekend, so I just did an easy 13.3 Km in 1:13:46. I was a bit grumbly heading out this afternoon, it was just a bit cold and grey and it was one of those times when I wished there was someone meeting me. Finished off work at 16:00, got changed, rugged up in long tights and long sleeved top, but once I got about 2 Kms in the cobwebs started to clear, it turned out to be a lovely evening and the loneliness dissipated. Rather than doing the 2 laps of The Tan I veered off from Morell Bridge, over the freeway and back up to The Tan along Swan St, then I just did the one lap and wove around some of the inner paths to make up the distance and just enjoy the evening. It was a very still evening and at one point I could hear the Last Post drifting over from the Shrine. I was lurking around on the Coolrunnings forum on the weekend and one of the posters had a great Muhammad Ali quote in their signature. I have pilfered it to put here because it really spoke to me....... "The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali After my mini freak out on the weekend about not having done enough this could not have come at a better time to give me some perspective.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em, you can find a whole heap of Ali's quotes at http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali

enjoy!

-Roh

00:53

 
Blogger beakus said...

Hi Em, been catching up with your blog - sounds like the training has been going well (despite the mini-stress) :o) I am sure you have done enough, just stay positive. The quote really does say it all.

By the way, love the cat! Truly gorgeous, even if naughty to sit in the dryer :o) lol

09:42

 

Post a Comment

<< Home