a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, June 11, 2006

So THIS is what dead tired feels like....

And I was worried about missing out on an 11Km training run today, cue roll eyes please! Beki, Rogo and I teamed up for a spot of Rogaining today, after all what else would you want to do on a cold Sunday morning? Phew, 6 hours though scrubby bush just outside Castlemaine, along spurs, up knolls, down whatsits (see I was listening to you Rogo, mostly) and we did not sit down once. We started off with the best intentions and did some running at the start, but to be honest it is bloody hard going in that terrain and I was backing up from 18Km cross country running yesterday so we soon resorted to walking. Poor Rogo ended up rediscovering his much under utilised "walking" muscles. I just can't get the hang of running "encumbered" though, I had a great blackwolf backpack but my shoulders were too narrow for it and it kept slipping off, the chest strap thingy was not very comfortable. I prefer to run without carrying anything. Still great day though and a hell of a workout AND there was food at the end, I love these events where they feed you. Well, after such a big day I have treated myself to fish and chips for dinner, and, wait for it.........a can of pre-mix Johnnie Walker and Coke, woo hoo, Em is living large tonight ;-) Oh god, too tired, think I will go and fall asleep in front of Dodgeball, it's on Foxtel tonite.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Buggered.....too buggered to go out and even get fish n chips - lol ;-)

I'm going to watch the rugby and then fall asleep watching the rest of the football.......CV tells me that she learnt some new stuff today that she will "experiment" on me tomorrow!!!!!

Enjoy your sleep tonight and the day of rest tomorrow - you've sure earnt it this weekend Em :-)

20:29

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be very interesting to hear Rogo's version of events.

Sounds very interesting and demanding maybe the 18 k's yesterday were not a good idea.

23:27

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

It sounds like you, Beki & Rogo had a good day, now I hope you have your running sights on your goal at the GC.

It would be great to read your next few days being easy, resting, pool work, massage etc etc. Good luck with your recovery and continuing your prep for the HM.

Stu

11:32

 
Blogger Em said...

LOL Steve, Rogo was a bit miffed when he found out that our team had initially been placed in the WOMENS novice section!!

Stu - Pool Work, Aghhh, drowning dogs swim with more style and grace than me, there is a very good reason why I have chosen running :-), rest and a massage are certainly in order though, and the mind is certainly well and truly focused now.

12:23

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Em ..... I know what you mean about running 'without gear' ...take care of yourself this week ....

Eat Em

08:56

 

Post a Comment

<< Home