a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Just the running

Speed session tonight, 6 by 400 mtre with 100 mtre floating recovery, so the momentum was moving forward the whole time. As I do most Tuesdays I spent the day psyching myself up for the session, though I am pleased to say I am feeling more comfortable with the quicker pace now and despite still finding them a little bit daunting I enjoy the challenge immensly. My worries were eased somewhat this evening when I discovered this was a tempo session, phew, because all day I was wondering how I could go all out for 6 reps with only a floating recovery! As per usual I did not take any splits, I am still concentrating on pace and stride and just doing it right, I promise I'll start taking splits from next session.

I wore my capri skins tonight and appreciated the extra support on the quads and hammys that they offer, in fact I am sitting here feeling reasonably fresh. Also very pleased to report no twinges from the achilles, seems the icing and extra day's rest has done the trick. Only 26 days until the next half marathon now, yikes, I am starting to have the odd nervous bout now, memories of how I felt before the Gold Coast are rushing back :-) still, it's all part of the fun isn't it!

Here is a piccie of my new skins, this was taken with my mobile in the change rooms at work so the quality is a bit crap, I am attempting a wave at the camera :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Boston said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

21:51

 
Blogger Ruune said...

Whoah buff. Has anyone ever told you you are built like a runner?

Seriously, the capris look great - just the thing as it is getting warmer.

09:12

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to agree with deege, you are looking fabulous!!
I would love a pair of capri skins.

10:31

 
Blogger beakus said...

That's a great pic Em - I too agree with Deege, definitely a runner, that's what I'd like to see when I look in the mirror, and perhaps when I get running I'll finally shift these stubborn few kilos...

I do like those capris, good spring to summer wear.

I was worried when you said the achilles was niggly - indestructible Em can't get an injury! Hope it remains calm.

B.

10:55

 
Blogger Vicky said...

I've just splurged on some full-length ones myself, but haven't worn them yet. As I increase my milage I am hoping they may help prevent my recurring hamstring problem, as well as any new ones!
And of course, theres the recovery aspect.

My friends from the UK had heard all about them but couldn't get them at home. Splashed out on some when here, wore them heaps and loved them and even wore them home on the plane!

Now, you cringe when you get on scales why?????

MAR.

11:08

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

LOL :-) Love the pic Em!

The Skins look great too.....might have to look into getting meeself a pair.....(coz haven't had enough new running stuff lately *rolls eyes*)

20:14

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job of taking the picture Em .....

Sorry wewon't seeyou at Sri Chinmoy this weekend .....

EatEm

08:43

 

Post a Comment

<< Home